Saturday, April 08, 2006

God’s word - what an incredible gift!

Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.
Psalms 119:18

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
Psalms 42:1-2

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Matthew 5:6

I share these with you because they are some of my favorite scripture. These verses drive me; they fire me up and ignite my passion for God. They also convict me to my core.
It’s my desire and prayer to have a heart like the heart God used to record these verses for us.
I confess my heart is not even close to that, but God is able, and willing.
Thanks for reading and have a blessed weekend.

5 comments:

Scotty G said...

Beuatiful scriptures of faith.
In the first, so often we look for only the "thou shalt not's" reminds of the beauty that is deeper than that.

In the second, a heart that longs for God the way he wants to be sought after, the way we should seek him.

In the third, a promise for when we are as we should be, seeking God as the main source of truth and love.

I see in your life that these verses DO fire you and they show through in your caring personality.

aaronkallner said...

Beautiful verses. I to like those, especially "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."
Matthew 5:6
When I feel defeated or needing a bust in the chops I remember this verse and it reminds me to keep pushing, He is truely wonderful and willing to bless. Sometimes all we have to do is look and ask. Thanks for the reminder.

Aaron McCray said...

Great scriptures Brother. They remind me of times when I am struggling and trying to find GOD in my heart. Only these scriptures remind me that I must be blind because he is always there in a powerful presence.

Jennifer said...

It's time to give you a hard time about not blogging again! ;)

I keep checking to see if there is anything new and I get disappointed every time. Of course, you could say the say thing to me since it's been such a long time since I've blogged. BUT, I've still blogged more times and more recently than you, Jamie.

Ok. There. I've given you a hard time. How's that? ;)

Jennifer said...

I'm still checking for something new, Jamie.

Jennifer