Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Just In Time!

How about Maryland’s lady basketball team??!! Down by 13 points at one point in the game, they fought all the way back, and with around 20 seconds left in regulation they had cut Duke’s lead to a slim three points. That’s when Maryland’s freshman guard Kristi Toliver took over. She took the inbounds and drove down the court and with 3.8 seconds left she buried a three with a Duke hand in her face to tie the game and send it to overtime. Then in overtime she hit two clutch free throws to put the game away, and to give Maryland the National Championship. The girl has ice in her veins! By the way – that’s a compliment. It means she can take the pressure and remain calm.

I really enjoyed watching the end of that game a lot more than the guy’s National Championship game. And why not – it’s our story. Only our story was more than winning and losing – it was/is life and death.

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8

What’s my story? When I was dying in my sin, with no way to save myself, Jesus died in my place. I went from death to life because He stepped up (under great pressure and pain) and took my place, at just the right time.
He did the same for you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you trying to say, "Christ is clutch?"

jamie riley said...

Jason - that's exactly what I'm saying! Thanks for stopping by, and go in peace my friend.

aaronkallner said...

"Go in peace my friend"????

What is this a blogspot for Star Track(sp?)fans?

Sorry, in all seriousness I liked your analogy, Spock.

jamie riley said...

Doc - you crack me up! I may have big ears - but they're not pointy, now that's a word for you.
Peace be with you my friend.