Tuesday, October 31, 2006

How Big is Your Imagination?

Ephesians 3:21-22
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

The first thing I want to do after reading these verses is to try and say something great or profound. But the truth of the matter is, God already said it all when he inspired Paul to jot down this amazing truth for us to breathe into our lives.

I have an amazing imagination, and I enjoy dreaming big dreams – both I know are gifts from God. But these verses inspire me because they tell me that when I reach the end of my imagination or greatest dream – I have only reached the starting point of the amazing power that God has, and wants to use in my life today.

Trust Him with your life and dreams -- He’ll blow you away.

Faith Comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of God.
Romans 10:17

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those verses in Ephesians... in fact i was planning a post on them sometime soon.

To me it speaks of a great big awesome God whom we mustn't limit because He can part seas, chuck mountains into the sea and much more!

Every blessing to you and your family!

Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

Jennifer said...

Maria, I love how you said "chuck mountains into the sea"! I think it's funny and is perfect wording to create a visual picture of God moving something with great ease. Beautiful!

Jamie, it's always great to be reminded to trust God with everything .....including our dreams!

Jennifer

aaronkallner said...

Nice thoughts, Jamie, but even better thoughts by God. He truely is wonderful and can and will do amazing things in all our lives.

jamie riley said...

Maria - thank you for your encouraging comment, you are really gifted at word pictures. please feel welcome to stop by again.

Jennifer - thanks for the encouragment, your thoughts are appreciated.

Doc - you make a great point, God's thoughts are so much greater than mine -- we all need reminded of that often.