Friday, November 30, 2007

A Few More Thoughts on Being Thankful…

I know it’s time to start counting the days until Christmas – time to put up the tree, the lights, and all the other great Christmas decorations. It’s time to go shopping, wrap gifts, and watch those favorite Christmas movies – as well as listen to favorite CDs or play lists – all the while reading and re-reading the story of Jesus’ birth.

It’s time …

And what a great time it is!

It’s time for the world to focus on Jesus, and when he came to earth as a human baby and changed our lives forever. And though it should be our focus daily, he’s on our minds more – much more this time of year.

But in thinking about this, my mind goes back to Thanksgiving… I mean, shouldn’t it go there anyway? But since our Thanksgiving holiday has just passed, and Christmas is quickly approaching, I just want to look back at a few things, and just a few, that I’m thankful for in 2007.

1. I’m thankful for a blessed 2007 for Kristin, Kendall, and me.
2. I’m thankful for a blessed 2007 for the Sunshine family.
3. I’m thankful that Intermission has been blessed in so many ways in 2007.
4. I’m thankful that my family had two great vacations in 07… Florida and Holden Beach, N.C.
5. I’m thankful that my arm healed so quickly (thanks to God and your prayers) after
breaking it in the cycling accident – I shot my best golf scores ever after it healed, weird
huh?!?
6. I’m thankful for a great Vacation Bible School.
7. I’m thankful that our week of camp was awesome, again.
8. I’m thankful for our mission trip to Honduras, everyone we met, and all God taught us
through the experience.
9. I’m thankful for all the simple, yet great opportunities we are blessed with on a daily basis,
as a family at Sunshine.
10. I’m thankful that God is my God, my Father, and friend – and for his patience in teaching
me that I have a lot to be thankful for.


No comments: