Wednesday, November 14, 2007

“Shine Baby Shine”

Tonight in our bedtime devo we read Matthew 5:13-16.

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

As some of you know, my daughter Kendall is 5 years old. She has a great heart, is lots of fun – and she’s a “pill” just like her mom. I never thought it possible to be in love with two ladies at the same time, but I am… my wife and my daughter.

Anyway, back to the story… after I finished reading the verses above I asked Kendall if she knew what the verses mean. Without taking a breath she said “it means that when you’re good it’s like a light that helps people see God.” I was so proud of her – like always – all I could do is smile and say you’re so right sweetie. After that we prayed, hugged, told a “made up” story, hugged some more, kissed goodnight several times – and then she went to sleep.

Now here I am winding down after another day “blown up” with blessing after blessing from God. It seems I can’t keep my mind off that sweet little girl in the other room, and as I think of her the words that keep coming to mind are the same as the title of this post…
SHINE BABY SHINE
!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!

Jennifer