Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Catching Up...

I apologize to those of you who may have been spending precious time clicking over here the last few days, only to find that I haven’t posted in a week. (Especially if you use dial-up) My schedule has been really full – But it’s also been really blessed.

A Few Highlights…

Friday the 20th
I blocked a few hours off for a college student who needed to spend a little time together. He and I walked and talked about important things while we swung at a little white ball with an odd looking stick thing, I call it therapy if you know what I mean… Friday night I had the honor of taking my beautiful wife Kristin on a date to Tumbleweed, one of our favorite restaurants. We had a great time together and the food was great as well. Kendall played with Abbie and Ellie while we were out, thanks to Jodi and Aaron.

Saturday the 21st…
I took students from Innermission to Hocking Hills for their annual Winter Hike. The hike is six miles and takes place in some beautiful and dangerous scenery. During the hike you experience beautiful Cedar Falls waterfall, jagged cliffs, 300-400 foot drops along the paths, Old Man’s Cave and Ash Cave. And of course I can’t forget God’s crown creation – people! There were approximately 5,600 hikers who participated last year, not sure the number of participants this year. Oh yeah – they also served bean soup and corn bread at the half way point -- we had a great time!

Sunday the 22nd
Kristin, Kendall and I visited mom, she is in a rehab facility in the Four Winds Nursing Home. She is doing remarkably well and her spirits are up as always. Thanks for all your prayers on her behalf, I know God heard – He always does. Please continue to remember mom when you spend time with Him.
After our visit we returned home and I watched the Pittsburgh Steelers win their AFC Championship Game with the Denver Broncos. Now on to the Super Bowl! Don’t forget to support your favorite football team -- the Steelers -- in the Super Bowl.

Monday the 23rd
Had a blessed day at Innermission and went to the viewing of Edna Gampp. All of you who know her, know that she is a neat godly lady.

Tuesday the 24th
I was honored and blessed to take part in Edna’s Funeral. The day was beautiful, her family and friends paid due respect and love to a wonderful child of God now blessed with her reward. After the Funeral meal I went to Innermission to spend the rest of the day with the college students.

We also had the teens at Innermission at 6:30pm for their weekly devo... the Lord blessed us with an encouraging Bible study together, and the evening was a blast.

Wednesday the 25th (today)
Today has been uneventful but busy, and really good. Aside from being abused by Jennifer for not posting lately – sorry Jennifer – but I couldn’t help myself. Anyway, I’m looking forward to our mid-week Bible Study tonight at Sunshine. It’s always a blessing to spend time with God’s family.

Well that’s pretty much it for my last 4 or 5 days. I may have left out a few details – but aside from all the great things Kristin, Kendall and I spend time doing – I covered most of it. Thanks for stopping in and reading, I’ll try to keep up a little better from now on… I said “try”. You’re in my prayers…

4 comments:

Mary L. said...

Hi Jamie. I'm glad that your Mom is doing better. I've been praying for her and your family. I'm sorry I missed the winter hike! This is the first one I've missed in several years. I hope you guys had a blast, even without me. Have a great day!

Aaron McCray said...

Hey Jamie. Sounds like your week was awesome and busy. I know it feels good to sit down and reflect on how GOD has blessed you over a period of time. It sounds like he did so in your past week. It is good to hear the great times you are spending with your mom and I know she feels the same. I continue to keep her and your family in our prayers.

Good Luck on Super Sunday...Hope your team pulls it out for you, if they do, they deserve it. Seattle is a tough overlooked team though.

Thanks for the post it was good to see GOD working through your life in all the things that happened over the past week.

Jennifer said...

Well, here it is Sunday, and I'm just now checking your blog after it being soooo long since you posted the last time. ;) ;)
You can imagine my surprise to find that there were 2 days' posts to read on here! It's good to see the other "chatty kathy" is back...Jamie;)

Jennifer

irmalee said...

Welcome back Jamie! Sounds like you haD a busy week and very rewarding and profitable one. God Bless You-
GOD IS GOOD - LOVE YOU