Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hope...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD... Jeremiah 29:11-14a

Encouraging words from a loving God, to a distracted and wayward people -- still giving peace and hope to us today.

God is good, and my life has always been blessed and hope filled for His presence in it... Jamie

3 comments:

Scotty G said...

It's good to realize that God WANTS good for his people and that certainly includes us today. It amazes me to hear people talk of God as some angry old man with a flyswatter just waiting to smack us down for any infraction. It's simply untrue. God has given so much for us and he wants us to do well and proper and grow and have a good life. We just have to realize that the good life lies in following the Good One!

aaronkallner said...

Sometimes it feels good to see God's word in it's simplest form. No dispute or controversy over who's right or wrong. Just the plain fact that He loves us and He promises to take care of us. "Seek and you shall find"

I love to debate and discuss. And studying His word and understanding the message is very important for growth. But sometimes I am like a kid who just missed the winning basket and needs someone to put their arm around them and say "it will be alright". And that passage did that for me. Thank you. I know you just quoted, but thank you for reminding me. I think it was Third Day who sang "My hope is You" (Is that right?)

Jennifer said...

Hey, Jamie! I'm ready for you to make another post on this website. ;)