Saturday, December 31, 2005

Blest In Him!

When I posted on Monday, I had no idea that I wouldn’t be back here until today. The last few days have been a little crazy – blest – but a little crazy just the same. It’s comforting – even though the word comforting can’t truly express it – to know that God is ever present, and working on our behalf. OK – that sounds a little stiff, it’s true… but it sounds stiff. I would rather say that God knows me, and knows what’s going on in my life because He’s involved in it -- and that I know all is well because where the presence of the Lord is – there you have incredible hope, peace, power, and life. God and I have a good thing going – I know… it’s all because of Him – but I’m good with that.

As I said, the last few days have been a little busy. I want to say more about it later – but for now I have a few prayer requests I would appreciate you remembering when you spend time with Him – thank you…
1. I want to express my appreciation to God for making this a week full of wonderful blessings. Days are so much better because he is a part of them.
2. My mom is in Grant Medical Center in Columbus – her blood pressure was 80 over 58 yesterday, about mid-night it improved to 102 over 48. I was able to stay with her a while -- then returned home around 3:20 this morning. Thanks Deny for going along, and helping encourage her, and for all of you who have been praying already – thanks.
3. My good friend and bro in Christ, Deny Lemaster and his wife Leigh and family have been visiting his parents in Waverly for Christmas. Their plans are to return home to Missouri in the next few days – pray for their trip and the church that he is blessed to minister to there.
4. Innermission Campus Ministry – Sunshine’s ministry to Shawnee State University will be starting back up on Tuesday the 3rd. Pray for God’s leading and blessing on the students this quarter. Pray for me also, and all who help with this ministry.
5. My daughter has been sick for a few days (coughing, congestion) she’s a sweetheart, but she’s also a pretty sick little girl -- please pray that God will help her be well soon -- or as she would say "Dear God, thank you for my class, thank you for my snack, please make my cough go away...

I want you to know that I appreciate your prayers, and you’re always welcome to leave prayer requests in the comments and I’ll pray for you as well. As I’ve said before – my life and family have been so blest – we just have a few things going on right now and want to keep them before the Lord. Thanks for reading – and especially for praying.

By the way…There are so many good things that have happened in the last few days as well – God has definitely been at work in a wonderful way… as always! ...more on that later.

1 comment:

Scotty G said...

Thanks for some specifics to pray about and I always enjoy your very positive outlook and attitude! I'll be glad to keep praying for these things.
Love ya bro!