Monday, November 20, 2006

Our Trip to Cumberland Falls...

I want to thank everyone for remembering the prayer requests I mentioned on Thursday. This post is intended as an update to those requests.

The students are getting through finals very well - and that as you know is a really good thing - and I believe a result of prayer.

Dave's surgery went very well -- he still has to go through a recovery time, so please continue to remember him in prayer.

Our trip to Cumberland Falls in Corbin, Ky. was great! As you know I was blessed with the opportunity to teach at a retreat called "Spirit - Fest." The retreat was very spiritual - all those who participated were great to be with - and God blessed my family for being part of it -- thanks for lifting us up to the Lord.

I met some wonderful people - teen and adult - who left their imprint on my heart simply by the way they showed the love of God to my family and me. To be honest I was treated far better than I deserve. I think they thought I was royalty or something.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think my wife and daughter deserve the best - and they are royalty! But everyone at the retreat were better to me than I deserve, and that's a great way to live because that's how God in his son Jesus has treated - and treats - all of us.

So, between God, Sunshine and all the folks at Spirit-Fest, I've found myself the recipient of wonderful kindness -- thanks to God and all!

Now, I'm going to end this post with a few pics of the weekend. The first is from inside Fort Boonesborough -- the rest are of Cumberland Falls... I hope you enjoy them -- God is the Great Creator!








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time...I hope so. Were you able to get to the falls at night. Supposedly, you are able to see a rainbow in the moon light; a moon bow, I guess. Any way, it's great to have you home safe with your queen and lil' princess.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics. Glad it all went well.

The Spirit's best be yours.
God bless
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

Scotty G said...

Glad you had a good time, no doubt God waas going to keep you safe. We missed you and your family, but again, glad you had a wonderful time. I hope we'll see some of the fall pictures with scriptures wrote on them soon!

Aaron McCray said...

I am glad that your trip there was great! From your pictures and words it is clear this was a trip that was spent with GOD present with you the entire time. I am glad you had the opportunity to go. We missed having you and your girls around though.