Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thank You & Prayer Requests...

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for stopping in from day to day -- I know that in the blog world there are thousands of interesting, encouraging, and entertaining places to go. I also know there are just as many places out there that aren't fit to visit. I hope you find “For What It’s Worth” a worthwhile place to hang out.

There’s another blog I participate in… it’s called Sunshine Church. You can find it at Sunshine-Church.blogspot.com. The Sunshine Church blog is where several friends and church family hang out, post, comment, and pretty much just goof off. Stop in sometime, I think you’ll like it.

Anyway, again I just wanted to say thanks – your visits and comments are really encouraging and appreciated.

While I’m posting I have a few prayer requests I’d like to pass on to all of you…

1. The students here at Innermission Campus Ministry to Shawnee State University are just starting Fall Quarter Finals Week. So please remember them in your prayers. We’ve had an amazing quarter – we’re all growing in relationship with the Lord, and in relationship with one another. God has blessed us with spiritual growth and numerical growth as well – it’s really great!

2. Tomorrow (Friday) morning Kristin, Kendall, and I will be traveling to Cumberland Falls State Park in Williamsburg Kentucky. I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to participate in teaching at a Christian Retreat called Spiritfest. There will be lots of hearts there -- hungry to know the Lord better.
The theme is "Breakdown" it is refering to Paul talking of how Jesus' power is made perfect in our weakness -- "when I am weak, then I am strong." Sounds pretty great doesn’t it!!?? Please pray for the retreat and for my family as we travel – your prayers are appreciated.

3. One of my dear friends and brothers in the Lord -- David Gampp -- had surgery for a herniated disc today. David has been in a lot of pain for the last few months, I’m asking you to pray thanking the Lord that the surgery was successful -- and that he has a complete healing.

Anyway – it’s great to know there are hearts out there listening and praying on our behalf! If you have any prayer requests you would like us to share with the Lord, please feel free to comment on them and you can count on us to take your request before our Great God.

In Him,
Jamie

Or should I use the name some of the students are trying to hang on me…?
J-RIZZ

I’m Out!

3 comments:

Scotty G said...

Thanks, and I'll be praying for these things!

Have a safe trip and do the Lord some good!

Aaron McCray said...

Thanks for the post Jamie. It is a great place to come daily and get some encouragement to battle our daily struggles. I thank GOD for giving you the thoughts for your post on here.

You know I will be praying for you this weekend. I am glad some of those southerners are going to get a chance to share in some of what we get in you in our daily life. Make sure they know you are just on borrow for a few days though. We will be missing you on Saturday watching the football game. Give us a call during it.

Love you brother.

Anonymous said...

God pour Your Holy Spirit out on all the afore mentioned!

In Jesus,
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk